This is a guest post from Julie and Charles Mayfield, authors of the upcoming Weeknight Paleo. Weeknight Paleo is a collection of 100 satisfying Paleo recipes to add variety and keep your family well fed, no matter how hectic or busy your day. For those new to Paleo or in need of a refresher, the Mayfields list the equipment, appliances, and pantry staples you’ll need to set up a Paleo kitchen, and provide prep tips, meal plans, and shopping lists to organize weekly meals.
Their aim is to make dinner quick, easy, and appealing with this collection of enticing and healthy Paleo meals, including these mouth-watering Spaghetti Squash Fritters.
Weeknight Paleo Spaghetti Squash Fritters
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti squash (from 1 large squash)
- 1/3 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 large eggs
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coconut oil or cooking fat of your choice
- Place the squash in large bowl. If it’s too moist, wrap it in paper towels and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Add the arrowroot starch/flour, salt, green onion, and bacon and stir to combine well.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl, then add them to the squash mixture and stir to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add enough oil to coat the pan, and when it’s hot, spoon the squash mixture to form fritters of your desired size; 1/4 cup per fritter works well.
- When the fritters are crispy and browned on one side, about 5 minutes, use a spatula to flip them and continue cooking on the other side until crisped, about 5 minutes longer.
Serve hot, enjoy, and pick up a copy of Weeknight Paleo for more delicious recipes.