Pulled pork is great for so many reasons:
- It’s versatile! Pulled pork pairs with darn near anything. You can throw it on your plate as the main course, use it as a condiment to spice up soups and salads, throw it in tacos…the possibilities are only limited by your creativity.
- It’s simple. Not everyone has the time or energy to cook every single meal every single day. Pulled pork is super easy to make in big batches ahead of time that you can have for the entire week. All you need is the ingredients – the CrockPot will do 90% of the work for you!
- It’s delicious. Pork + heat + time = flavor central. And going back to the versatility piece, you can change the spices you use to change the flavor to your desire.
Here’s our recipe for the Perfect Paleo Pulled Pork:
- 1 lb Boneless Pork Tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons Chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon Black pepper
- 1 cup Chicken or Beef stock
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1-2 Cloves garlic
- In a bowl mix together the chili powder, dry mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Place the pork tenderloin on a piece of parchment paper and rub all sides of the meat with the spice mixture.
- Turn your slow cooker to “low” temperature, and set for 8 hours.
- Place the tenderloin in the crockpot and pour in 1 cup of stock, 1 bay leaf, and 1-2 cloves garlic.
- Set it and forget!
- Once the pork is cooked, carefully remove the meat and shred with 2 forks in pan, and then place the shredded meat back into the crockpot and mix with the remaining juice.